Fire Alarm and Public Address System
Sound of Fire Alarm System
- Two rounds of temporal 3 Tone or steady alert tone of 1 to 3 seconds followed by an automatic recorded announcement, either C.2 or C.3 depending on the floor, the receiving floors will receive announcement C.4.
Activation of Public Address System
- The Public Address System in the Fire Control Center (FCC) can be activated manually for announcements.
- Individual floors, groups of floors, or all floors, stairwells, and the garage can be selected for transmissions of emergency instructions/announcements to occupants.
Scripts of Announcements of Public Address System
- Initial announcement to floor zone above the alarm, the floor zone of the alarm and the floor zones below the alarm.
Note: Floors 39-38, 37-35, 34-32, 31-30, 29-27, 26-25, 14-11, 10-8 & 7-5 are treated as one floor zone due to open interior stairwells.
- Actual Fire Alarm Announcement to Floors 8-41:
“ATTENTION, ATTENTION, A Fire emergency has been reported in your zone. Proceed to the nearest stairwells, walk down to your pre-designated floor and reenter the building. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS. Please remain calm.”
- Actual Fire Alarm Announcement to Floors B-7:
“ATTENTION, ATTENTION, A fire alarm has been activated in the building. Please proceed to the stairwells and exit the Building. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS. Please remain calm.”
- Actual Announcement to Floors Receiving Relocated Occupants:
“ATTENTION, ATTENTION, A Fire emergency has been reported on a floor above yours. Please be prepared to receive personnel relocation to your floor.” (Automatic and Repeat three times)
- General Emergency Announcement to Remainder of Building Floors B-41:
“ATTENTION, ATTENTION, We have an emergency condition on Floor ___. Only those individuals on Floors near the emergency will be relocated. DO NOT RELOCATE, DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS. Remain calm and listen for announcements.” (Repeat twice)
- Actual Evacuation Announcement to all floors for a full building evacuation:
“ATTENTION, ATTENTION, We have an emergency condition. Proceed immediately to the stairwells and exit the Building. Do not use elevators, please remain calm.”
- Actual Emergency Lock Doors Announcement to all floors:
“ATTENTION, ATTENTION, We have an emergency in the Building. All individuals in the Building should remain calm and in your space. Do not exit the Building. Please lock the entry door to your space. Please stand by for further instructions.” (Repeat twice)
- Actual Earthquake Announcement to all floors:
“ATTENTION, ATTENTION, We have just experienced an earthquake. Stay away from perimeter windows. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS. Please remain calm, stay in place and wait for further instructions.”
- Actual All Clear Announcement to all floors:
“ATTENTION, ATTENTION, The alarm we experienced has been cleared. You may use the elevators and return to your workstations. Thank you for your cooperation.” (Repeat twice)